Sunday, February 23, 2014

Painting 1 For Fine Arts: a Midterm heads-up

I'm pushing the midterm due date up to March 12 because of the snow days. I'll go over this in the beginning of class this week, but I just wanted to give you a heads up. The midterm consists of the color matching project below. We also still need to do the triad painting, which I am making due on the same date. 

The Midterm color-matching project:



The Triad Project:


The Triad will be a painting of the object you drew for the first assignment (this also pulls that assignment into the mix), done in a limited triadic color palette. For example, the painting below was done using only the colors above, plus white to tint. The triadic palette enables you to create paintings with built-in color harmony. I will go over all this in class, so don't stress! I just wanted to give you all a chance to digest what's coming up...





No comments:

Post a Comment